What are the Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
- Improved circulation of lymph fluid – stagnant fluid in the skin, muscles, viscera, and joints are rerouted.
- Toxins are flushed away, allowing for more effective tissue regeneration. Scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, or surgical incision sites may be improved.
- Improved function of the immune system which has been found to help with chronic or sub-acute inflammation, chronic fatigue syndrome, auto-immune disease, fibromyalgia, bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, arthritis, acne, eczema.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS), which helps increase relaxation, decrease stress, depression, and sleep disorders, reduces pain and muscle spasms.
- Reduces tissue swelling in the head from the ear, nose and throat regions to help with headaches, tinnitus (ringing in the ear), and vertigo.
- Pre-surgical, to help prepare and cleanse the body.
- Post-surgical, to reduce swelling to accelerate healing.
Contraindications for Lymphatic Drainage
- Acute infections, early onset inflammatory disease, or fever
- Overactive thyroid
- Serious cardiac issues
- Serious circulatory problems
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood clots)
- Active cancer
- Fresh burns, scars, or bruises
- Acute edema
Contact me to schedule your massage today!